Pike County Country Club holds annual meeting
Members of the Pike County Country Club held their 92nd annual meeting Saturday, Feb. 16, at the Lazy-C Campground. In the summer of 1920, the late C.G. Buffum was advised, by his physician, to “get more excerise”. In response, he bought Jim Edmond’s farm, 136 acres, for $100 per acre. The country club was established there on March 17, 1922. The farm house, which was converted to the present club house, may have been built in the 1850’s by slave labor, since its foundation is made of hand-cut stone.
At the meeting, a discussion was held about the short and long term future of the club.
The club plans to expand its membership this spring.