Frasier home damaged after basement fire

Posted on Tuesday, March 12, 2013 at 12:53 pm

The home of Cindy Frasier sustained some damage after a fire caught in her basement Sunday evening.

Around 4 p.m. March 10, the Bowling Green Fire Department was alerted of smoke and flames coming from the basement of the Frasier home on Court Street.

Fortunately, no one was in the home at the time of the blaze. There were no reported injuries. The fire was contained to one room in the basement of the home, near the water heater.

Although the incident is still under investigation by the Fire Marshall, BGFD Chief Don Nacke indicated no foul play was suspected. He continued to say that officials believe the fire caught after fumes from aerosol bug-bombs came in contact with the pilot light in the home’s water heater.

As the fire was contained, there was minimal damage to the home, save for some smoke and water damage to the ground floor.

Headlines of the Day

Switch to our mobile site