Betts rental home catches fire in attic – Electrical issues blamed
A Betts rental home, occupied by Gene and Sharon Runser, sustained minor damage last Wednesday after the attic caught fire.
According to Bowling Green Fire Department Chief Don Nacke, the fire was caused by electrical issues in the home’s attic around 9:30 p.m. the night of March 6.
Fortunately, emergency responders hit the scene quickly after it was reported, so the fire could be mostly contained.
Both Gene and Sharon were home at the time of the fire, but were able to get out without injury.
Smoke and water did damage some of the property within the home, but the house was not extensively damaged, according to Nacke.