By Melissa Kempke, Pike County Clerk
As the April 2 election approaches, I would like to take a few minutes to provide some information regarding some things for this and future elections.
• Voters in Spencer TU who have been voting at the Curryville Community Center will vote at Curryville Presbyterian Church in the Fellowship Hall.
• Voters in Buffalo B and Buffalo C will share a polling place at the Elks Lodge
• In this April election, you will see on the ballot, races and/or issues for cities, schools, hospital, and special road district. There is also a county wide issue.
• If you are registered within the county and move within the county you may change your address at any time. Please do so by contacting the County Clerk’s Office.
• Be informed of the issues. Sample ballots are available at my office and are published in the Bowling Green Times and The Louisiana Press Journal.
Exercise your right to vote. It is important to realize that so many good things in life don’t seem important until you lose it. Even though the registration deadline has passed for this election please consider registering to vote then remember to vote in every election.
If you have any questions about registration or your polling place, please contact my office. 324-2412 or 866-826-6427