Bowling Green Times

Follow Us On:

FSA News

Posted on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 1:19 pm

by Roger Colbert, USDA/FSA

COC Election 

The COC election will be held later in November of this year.  However, before election can take place, we must have candidates or nominees.  June 17 through Aug. 1 is the period for nominating farmers as candidates for the local COC election.

Producers are encouraged to nominate themselves or another eligible producer to run for the office.  Nomination forms are available online at http:/, scroll down to the links under “Election Materials” and click “2013 Nomination Form” or by requesting one from the local FSA office.

The COC performs important functions for the county farmers and those who rely on the county farmers.

The area up for election this year includes the townships of Peno, Salt River, and Buffalo.  This area has been served in recent years by Bobby Dempsey.


USDA Crop Reporting Deadlines

The Pike County USDA Farm Service Agency (FSA) reminds producers that the annual crop certification deadlines are quickly approaching.

Filing an accurate acreage report for all crops and land uses, including failed acreage and prevented planted acreage, are critical for FSA program eligibility.

July 15 is the final date to report corn, grain sorghum, soybean, Conservation Reserve Program (CRP) acreage and most other spring-seeded crops.

Producers need to report crop losses insured through Federal Crop Insurance and the Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance Program (NAP) within 15 days of the disaster or as soon as the loss is apparent.

Prevented planting must be reported to our office no later than July 15.  For reporting purposes, Pike County has a final planting date for corn of May 31, June 10 is the final plant date for milo and June 20 is final plant date for first crop full season soybeans.

All other crop reports including failed acres are due by July 15.



Continuous signup will continue until Sep. 30.

Producers are always welcome to contact the office if you have any questions.  You can call 573-324-3313 or stop at the office at 1220 Business 61 South in Bowling Green, or email at