A fire late Sunday night has cost a Bowling Green family everything they own.
According to Bowling Green Fire Department (BGFD) Chief Don Nacke, his department received a call of a fire from residents of the home on Locust Street, near Bowling Green Residential Care, at about 10 p.m. the night of Sunday, Nov. 24. Crews responded immediately.
“When we arrived, flames were shooting out of the house, so it was pretty gone already,” said Chief Nacke.
The home is owned by John and Stephenie Hollingsworth. They live there with a young child.
Nacke said fortunately there were no injuries as a result of the blaze, although the home and its contents are considered a total loss.
Crews were on the scene until about 2 a.m. before the fire was under control and then extinguished, Nacke mentioned.
Although the BGFD Chief could not name the cause of the fire, he said it began in the attic, and could’ve possibly been an electric issue.
A benefit savings account has been set up at the Bowling Green HNB Bank for the family.