The Pike County Prolife Family Network is sponsoring their annual contests for the
students of Pike County to increase awareness of pro-life issues.
Parents are asked to please encourage their children to participate. Cash prizes are awarded for each grade level.
The contest consists of two parts: a coloring contest for the
younger students, grades kindergarten through fourth grade, and an essay contest for
those in grades fifth through sixth.
Coloring pages are being provided to many of the local churches and are also available at the Bowling Green Pharmacy, Deter’s Sign, People’s Tribune, and the Bowling Green Times office, or by contacting Mary Oberman at 573-669-5346.
Those in grades fifth through eighth are encouraged to write a short essay with the following topic: “Why I am pro-life and how I show it.”
The rules for the contest are as follows:
1. Entries must be the work of the student and have a pro-life message
2. Can be typed or handwritten
3. Should be 500 words or less
4. Entries will be judged on content, grammar, spelling, neatness, etc.
5. All entries become the property of Pike County Prolife Family Network
6. Contestant name, address, phone number, and grade level must be on the entry
7. Deadline for the entry is Jan. 19.
Students should send completed coloring pages and essay entries to:
Mary Oberman, 9828 Pike 416, New Hartford, MO 63359 (phone 573-669-5346)
Winners will be notified and cash prizes will be awarded at the annual Pro-life Vigil,
scheduled for Thursday, Jan. 23 at the Pike County Courthouse at 6 p.m.